Saturday, August 6, 2011

To Hush The Violent Guilt That Eats And Never Dies

Simple Math
It's why our bodies even lay here
Sinful Math
The truth cannot be fashioned

What if we've been trying to get to where we've always been?
Simple Math
Believe me, all is brilliant.
What if we've been trying to kill the noise and silence?
What if I was wrong and you had never questioned it?
What if it was true, that all we thought was right was wrong?
Simple Math
The truth cannot be fractioned.

Every time I hear this song.
When I look out across the fields and admire them I catch myself realizing that you can't. That this is a day you'll never know. That these are all days you haven't and won't know.
Both of you.
It's starting to sink in.


Last night I couldn't sleep. I ended up writing this out at about 3:30am. I'll just post it now.

No comments: