Saturday, November 5, 2011

Things of Fall #2 - Thanksgiving Weekend at the Cottage

Geordie and I went with his family to their cottage for Thanksgiving weekend. We went on a few adventure hikes on trails nearby. The last one we did was worth the trip up all on its own. It was in Algonquin Park near Bonnechere and it was absolutely breathtakingly beautiful. First we went to High Falls, a waterfall and rapids where we could climb all over the rocks in the water and the small cliff face by the waterfall. I spent a lot of time sitting on a rock half way up the falls with my feet sticking out into the falling water. Then we climbed up to a lookout. Most of these photos are from there. Unfortunately, my camera's battery was dead before we even got to the cottage so I had to take all of these with my phone.. Tragic. We will go again and I will bring a real camera.
Looking for fish in the lake ...it was too shallow for the boat to get through.
Leading down to High Falls.
An old barn that we explored.

Shots from the lookout.




This cliff was actually even higher than it looks here. I sat there too. I love heights. This is my  favourite photo of them all. 

No comments: